Linden Women's Georgian Boots offer the popular Hessian style tall boot in ladies' sizing.
The Lindens are beautiful, fashionable boots styled accurately for c. 1790 - 1820s. While this style of boots was worn by male soldiers and civilians, women often also elected to wear masculine boot styles for riding and hunting. Ladies who portray soldiers, gentlemen, or are seeking boots for cosplay will also appreciate this attractive style. Our Linden boots are made as closely to the originals as possible, with only three leg seams and the leather wrinkling in the fasionable way over the vamp. The Linden boots sport the correct tapered square toe and top tassel of this period and come with a durable 6 mm sealed leather sole and 1 in / 2.5 cm common sense heel.
You will love these beautiful Linden boots. They are half-lined in pigskin leather with a textile foreleg and foot, making these boots lightweight. You'll also find boot pulls inside.
Boot Shank/Shaft Height (at back) - 13 inches / 33 cm
The front is approx. 2 in / 5 cm higher than the back
The Hessian Boots come in three calf sizes:
Small - 15 in / 38.1 cm
Medium - 16.5 in / 41.9 cm
Large - 18 in / 45.7 cm
We recommend a snug fit around the calf. Measure 13 in / 33 cm up from the back of your heel and take the circumference of your leg at this point OVER your stockings and breeches. If you are between sizes, order the large of the two calf sizes.
Linden Women's Georgian Boots are available in women's standard B width sizing. We also offer a men's version of this boot called "Hessian" here.
Materials & Sizing
- Uppers are 100% calf leather
- Short 1 in / 2.5 cm common sense heel
- 100% leather sole with sealer for durability
- Pull-on boots with interior boot pulls
- Leather and textile lining
- Leather insole with light padding
- "B" width (women's average)
- Runs true to size for most customers.
- Order a half-size larger for wide-width feet, or if you prefer your shoes to fit more loosely, or intend to wear with thicker stockings.