Manhattan Button Boots are lovely, authentic reproductions of the popular cloth-top button boots of the late Victorian and Edwardian periods. Made from top grade calf leather and durable cotton, the Manhattan Button Boots feature a real side-button closure - no zippers, elastic, velcro, or modern methods have been used.
With a flared 2 inch French heel and leather soling, the Manhattan Button Boots are historically accurate for late Victorian, Edwardian, and Great War impressions, as well as cosplay, Steampunk, Downton Abby, Titanic, Lolita, and Gothic attire. Manhattan boots do not have any modern closures. Manhattan boots may be custom fit to your ankle and calf by moving the buttons.
You will need a button hook to easily and quickly get your boots on.
Manhattans also come in Grey/Black.
Materials & Sizing
- Uppers are calf leather paired with cotton sateen
- 9 button closure with 1 in / 2.5 cm overlap
- Custom made French heels are 2 in / 5 cm high, and perfectly balanced for all-day comfort.
- Leather soling with welt stitch
- Leather facing and insole with a canvas half-lining
- Shank measures 6.5 in / 16.5 cm high / total height when worn is 8.5 / 21.6 cm
- Top circumference measures 10.25 in / 26 cm
- "B" width (average)
- Buttons can be easily moved for tighter or looser fit through ankle and calf
- Runs true to size for most customers.
- Order a half-size larger for wide-width feet, or if you prefer your shoes to fit more loosely, or intend to wear with thicker stockings.
- A button hook may be required for ease of closure