Manhattan Button Boots are elegant, authentic reproductions of the cloth-top button up boots that were so popular in the late Victorian and Edwardian periods. Made of high-quality calf leather and durable cotton sateen, the Manhattan Button Boots feature a real side-button closure - no modern methods such as zippers, elastic, or velcro have been used.
With their flared 2 inch French heel and leather soling, the Manhattan Button Boots are historically accurate for late Victorian through Edwardian eras, all the way up to and including and Great War impressions. They're also perfect for your cosplay, Steampunk, Lolita, Gothic, or Downton Abby attire. Our Manhattan boots do not have any modern closures. As with original button boots, Manhattan boots may be custom fit to your ankle and calf by moving the buttons.
You will need a button hook to easily and quickly get your boots on.
Manhattans are also available in Tan/Brown.
Materials & Sizing
- Uppers are calf leather paired with cotton sateen
- 9 button closure with 1 in / 2.5 cm overlap
- Custom made French heels are 2 in / 5 cm high, and perfectly balanced for all-day comfort.
- Leather soling with welt stitch
- Leather facing and insole with a canvas half-lining
- Shank measures 6.5 in / 16.5 cm high / total height when worn is 8.5 / 21.6 cm
- Top circumference measures 10.25 in / 26 cm
- "B" width (average)
- Buttons can be easily moved for tighter or looser fit through ankle and calf
- Runs true to size for most customers.
- Order a half-size larger for wide-width feet, or if you prefer your shoes to fit more loosely, or intend to wear with thicker stockings.
- A button hook may be required for ease of closure