Balmoral Victorian Boots are beautiful all-season, low-heeled boots for mid-Victorian costumers. Developed directly from two original 1860s boots, these black sateen and leather foxed lace-ups are faithful reproductions heavily researched and carefully crafted to revive this popular style of Victorian footwear for women.
The black cotton sateen is lined with canvas for a flexible fit. The toe, lacing strip, and top curve are foxed in leather with characteristic white stitching. The Balmoral boots come with removable, clip-on rosettes. With leather soles and a stacked, 1.5 inch reproduction knock-on heel, the Balmoral Victorian Boots are the ideal choice for mid-Victorian costuming, cosplay, reenactment, Dickens Fair costumes, or theatrical productions set in the 19th century.
Materials & Sizing
- Upper is period correct cotton sateen foxed with calf leather
- Custom-made reproduction heels are 1.5 in / 3.8 cm
- Soles are 100% leather
- Lined canvas with a leather facing and insole
- Shank measures 5.75 in / 14.6 cm at back (measured from top of heel to top of boot)
- Lace-up closure with 3 in / 7.62 cm wide tongue
- Ankle measurement approx. 9.5 in / 24.1 cm (based on size 7.5 fully laced closed)
- Balmorals do not have toe boxes - this is historically correct construction, but ladies desiring a little more room in the toes should order a half-size larger.
- Comes with clip-on rosettes
- Left and Right lasted.
- B width - ladies needing a "C" width fitting should order a half-size larger.