Bernhardt Theatrical Boots are our gorgeous Victorian style dance boots made for theater and dance.
The Bernhardt Boots feature an all-leather upper and padded textile lining. These beautiful boots close with a inside zipper but also come with elastic laces for easy adjustment. The shapely ankle, structured toe, and sturdy 2.5 in / 6.4 cm cm Louis heel pair wonderfully with the stage-ready sueded leather soles for a fashionable and flexible dance boot.
Bernhardts are very adjustable for a wide variety of ankle and low-calf measurements, even with the side zipper on the inside of the leg. The top of the Bernhardt boots does not extend to the widest part of the calf muscle. Below are the measurements for a size 7.5, taken edge-to-edge. Measurements scale a little based on size.
Top circumference (edge to edge, including zipper) - 12 in / 30.48 cm
Tongue width - 3.25 in / 8.3 cm
Max Top circumference (let out with tongue) - 14 in / 35.5 cm
Ankle circumference (edge to edge) - 8.5 in / 21.6 cm
Boot height (does not include heel) - 8.5 in / 21.6 cm
*The soles on the Bernhardt boots are an unsealed, slightly sueded leather. For outdoor use, we highly recommend treating the soles regularly with mink oil. For winter wear, it is advised to have a rubber half sole applied at a shoe repair shop.
Materials & Sizing
- Uppers are 100% calf leather
- Custom made French heels are 2.5 in / 6.4 cm cm high, and perfectly balanced for all-day comfort.
- 100% unsealed leather sole, perfect for dancing
- Leather facings with textile lining
- Shaft measures 8.5 in / 21.6 cm
- 3.25 in / 8.3 cm wide tongue with lace keeper loop
- "B" width (average)
- Adjustable lace up closure with grommets
- Quik-zip on inside of boots.
- Runs true to size for most customers.
- Order a half-size larger for wide-width feet, or if you prefer your shoes to fit more loosely, or intend to wear with thicker stockings.
- US sizes. To convert to UK or Euro sizes, see the chart behind the Sizing tab.