This product is on Last Chance final sale and is non-returnable.
Deadstock shoes are older versions of current styles. They're the same great quality as all of our products; they just have small design details that are different from the most current version of the shoe in our store.
Renoir mid-Victorian Button Boots offer sturdy sophistication with the perfect mid-Victorian silhouette. Period-correct for the late 1850s to the 1880s, Renoir features all-leather materials, true side-buttoning closure, and the comfort you need for all-day re-enactments.
These Victorian boots have square toes, a short heel molded from an original, and an attractive scalloped edge and top, making them practical yet feminine, and ideal for a fashionable Victorian lady.
Patterned directly from extant examples of button boots from the 1850s, 1860s, and 1870s, wear Renoir for Victorian events, fairs, reenactments, or with modern aesthetic dress for an interesting and unique look.
You will need a button hook to easily and quickly get your boots on.
Materials & Sizing
- Hand sewn 100% calf leather upper
- Custom-made opera heels are 1.5 in / 3.8 cm
- Soles are 100% leather
- Lined leather, with leather insoles
- Shank measures 6 in / 15.25 cm. Total height when worn is 7.5 in / 19 cm
- Top circumference of boot measures 10.5in / 27 cm
- Button closure - NO elastic, NO zippers. Buttons may be moved to adjust fit.
- Button Fly overlap is 1.5 in / 3.8 cm
- Ankle measurement approx. 10 in / 25.4 cm (based on size 7.5)
- Renoirs do not have toe boxes - this is historically correct construction, but ladies desiring a little more room in the toes should order a half-size larger.
- Left and Right lasted.
- B width - ladies needing a "C" width fitting should order a half-size larger.