Gettysburg Victorian Side-Lace Boots are an excellent choice for all season 1860s reenactment and historical costuming.
Made of durable blue wool with authentic leather foxing on the toes and heels, our Gettysburg Victorian Boots are lined in twill, with stitched eyelets and bound edges. The soft, squared toe and flat heel make Gettysburg Victorian boots the ideal choice for early to mid Victorian costuming, including Dickens Fair and other Victorian reenactment.
Note: Historic shoes of this period are known for their long, flat, square toes. Due to the accurate, historical construction of these boots, extra length in the toes is to be expected.
Materials & Sizing
- Handmade wool upper is foxed on the heel and toe with calf leather
- Side-lacing closure features stitched eyelets and bound edges.
- Soles are 100% leather
- Lined in twill, with leather insoles
- Boot height is 4.75" / 12.7 cm, taken from the base of the heel.
- Flat soled
- Gettysburgs do not have toe boxes - this is historically correct construction, but ladies desiring a little more room in the toes should order a half-size larger.
- Left and Right lasted.
- B width - ladies needing a "C" width fitting should order a half-size larger.
- Gettysburgs do not offer any arch support - order a half-size larger if you intend to use inserts or orthotics.