Gettysburg Victorian Side-Lace Boots are a wonderful addition to any ladies' daywear costume of the early to mid 19th century. Based directly on extant examples of gaiter boots from the 1830s to the 1860s, Gettysburg boots offer the look and style of original ladies' early Victorian to mid-Victorian shoes, with the comfort of modern footwear.
The wool upper is foxed with calf leather on the heels and square toes, offering protection from wear while remaining feminine and attractive. The side-lacing closure allows adjustability for all ankle sizes, and the leather soles make Gettysburg Victorian Boots great for your Romantic Era, Dickens Fair, and Victorian events.
Materials & Sizing
- Handmade wool upper is foxed on the heel and toe with calf leather
- Side-lacing closure features stitched eyelets and bound edges.
- Soles are 100% leather
- Lined in twill, with leather insoles
- Boot height is 4.75" / 12.7 cm, taken from the base of the heel.
- Flat soled
- Gettysburgs do not have toe boxes - this is historically correct construction, but ladies desiring a little more room in the toes should order a half-size larger.
- Left and Right lasted.
- B width - ladies needing a "C" width fitting should order a half-size larger.
- Gettysburgs do not offer any arch support - order a half-size larger if you intend to use inserts or orthotics.