Manhattan Button Boots are beautiful, authentic recreations of the popular cloth-top button boots of the late Victorian and Edwardian periods. Fashioned from quality calf leather and durable cotton, the Manhattan Victorian Button Boots feature a true side-button closure - no zippers, elastic, velcro, or modern methods have been used.
With leather soles and a stable 2 inch French heel, the Manhattan Victorian Button Boots are historically accurate for late Victorian, Edwardian, and Great War impressions, as well as cosplay, Downton Abbey, Titanic, Steampunk, Lolita, and Gothic attire. Manhattan boots do not have any modern closures. Manhattan boots may be custom fit to your ankle and calf by moving the buttons.
You will need a button hook to easily and quickly get your boots on.
Materials & Sizing
- Uppers are calf leather paired with cotton sateen
- 9 button closure with 1 in / 2.5 cm overlap
- Custom made French heels are 2 in / 5 cm high, and perfectly balanced for all-day comfort
- Leather soling with welt stitch
- Leather facing and insole with a canvas half-lining
- Shank measures 6.5 in / 16.5 cm high / total height when worn is 8.5 / 21.6 cm
- "B" width (average)
- Buttons can be easily moved for tighter or looser fit through ankle and calf
- Runs true to size for most customers
- Order a half-size larger for wide-width feet, or if you prefer your shoes to fit more loosely, or intend to wear with thicker stockings.
- A button hook is required for ease of closure