Victoria Carriage Boots offer warmth, style, and historical accuracy for all your Winter events, from the 1860s to the 1920s. Carriage boots were worn to protect a lady from the cold weather while traveling, and were made as both regular boots and overshoes.
Our version is a regular boot, designed to be worn as-is, and is perfect for a jaunt around Victorian London, paired with walking-length ensembles from the mid-Victorian, Bustle, Edwardian, and Great War periods.
Made of luxe velveteen and lined in quilted sateen, just like the originals, our carriage boots are trimmed in environmentally-responsible natural mouton fur (sheepskin), and offer a slight wedge heel and historically correct leather soles. Ribbon ties keep the boots closed, and can be easily changed for bright colored satin or petersham, for a decorative twist.
Materials & Sizing
- Velveteen upper with natural mouton fur (sheepskin)
- 100% Leather soles
- Lined in quilted sateen
- Leather insole
- Lace-up closure with grosgrain ribbons and metal grommets
- 4.5 CM / 1.7" wedge heel covered all-in-one with the upper
- Shank height - 23 CM / 9"
- Left and Right lasted for maximum comfort
- B width