The American Duchess Guide to 18th Century Dressmaking: How to Hand Sew Georgian Gowns and Wear Them With Style.
Do you dream of time traveling to the court of Versailles or the Scottish Highlands? Whatever shall you wear? This comprehensive guide to historically accurate 18th century sewing will walk you through how to make and wear your Georgian dream gown and all the fabulous accessories too. Full of historically accurate dressmaking techniques, Lauren and Abby teach you how to make four of the most iconic 18th century silhouettes?the English Gown, Sacque Gown, Italian Gown and Round Gown?using the same hand sewing techniques done by mantua-makers and milliners of the past.
From panniers to split bums, wool petticoats to grand silk gowns, ruffled aprons to big fluffy caps, The American Duchess Guide to 18th Century Dressmaking has project patterns and instructions for every level of 18th century sewing enthusiast. With Lauren and Abby?s guidance, accurate 18th century costuming is demystified, making this beautiful period of dress accessible to historic costumers and cosplayers alike.
The American Duchess Guide includes...
- 40 18th century sewing projects with how-to, step-by-step instructions and photos.
- Gridded patterns and diagrams for accessories, gown linings, and construction notes.
- Detailed instructions and photos for fitting your gown.
- Step-by-step instructions for how to get dressed and style your ensemble.
- Essential research notes on gown styles, textiles, and more.
- Illustrated guides to historic stitches used as well as troubleshooting fitment and silhouette.
Paperback: 240 pages
Publisher: Page Street Publishing (November 21, 2017)
Product Dimensions: 8 x 0.6 x 9 inches
Shipping Weight: 1.6 pounds