American Duchess is a fast-growing direct-to-consumer e-commerce company designing and manufacturing unique footwear and accessories for a niche market. We're a small, family-owned company with a strong brand, identity, and community focus within our online world. We've been making better reproduction historical footwear since 2010.
We're small, but we're growing quickly. We strive to provide a flexible and stable work environment with real opportunities for learning and personal growth.
Employee contributions are rewarded with competitive pay and a generous quarterly company performance bonus, along with benefit options to help make your life easier and healthier.
Customer Experience Representative
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about making our customer's experience as smooth as possible. This is a varied role that primarily involves handling customer inquiries about our products and their orders, but may also involve managing inventory, moving product around our warehouse, and order fulfillment.
This position is full time. Our core hours are 11:00am to 6:00pm, Monday through Friday. 32.5 hours per week. Flexible scheduling may be available.Pay and Benefits:
$18.50 - $24.50 per hour
Paid time off
To apply for this job, click the button below, you will be asked to link to your resume.Who We're Looking For:
We are looking for a customer-oriented service representative. A customer experience representative, or CER, will act as a liaison, provide product/services information and resolve any emerging problems that our customer accounts might face with accuracy and efficiency. The best CERs are genuinely excited to help customers. They’re patient, empathetic, and passionately communicative. They love to talk. Customer experience representatives can put themselves in their customers’ shoes and advocate for them when necessary. Problem-solving comes naturally to customer care specialists. They are confident at troubleshooting and investigate if they don’t have enough information to resolve customer complaints. The target is to ensure excellent service standards, respond efficiently to customer inquiries, and maintain high customer satisfaction.
Essential Functions & Basic Duties:
- Interacts with customers via telephone, email, or in-person to provide support and information on products and services.
- Resolves customer concerns, troubleshoots issues.
- Maintains customer accounts and records of customer interactions with details of inquires, concerns, or comments.
- Uses knowledge of products and services to answer inquiries or to forward to the appropriate team member.
- Collaborates with other team members and management to stay updated on new products, services, and policies.
- Collects and enters orders for new or additional products.
- Updates customer orders as needed.
- Tracks customer orders.
- Packs and ships customer orders.
- Assists in allocating, tracking, and moving inventory.
- Processing returns.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written.
- Service-oriented and able to resolve customer grievances.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Basic computer and operating system knowledge. Familiarity with G Suite, Shopify, and Shipstation is a plus.
- Typing skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service.
- Ability to maintain accuracy and be organized.
- Ability to adapt to change quickly.
- Ability to function as a cooperative team member and help foster a team environment.
Education and Work Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- 1+ year of experience in customer service, required.
Physical Demands: The essential functions of the position may require:
- frequent standing, finger dexterity in non-dominant hand, near/far visual acuity, depth perception, field of vision, accommodation, and color vision;
- occasional walking, sitting, repetitive use of both hands and finger dexterity with both hands;
- periodic reaching overhead, bending over, lifting/carrying of up to 25 lbs.
Mental Demands: The essential functions of the position requires the ability to read and write complex material, perform simple and complex math calculations, and the ability to perform simple and complex tasks; perform clerical functions, compile and analyze information; coordinate activities; follow instructions, influence others, meet time requirements, memorization, problem-solving through the use of independent judgment and decision making skills.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet and the employee usually works in a climate-controlled environment. Work may entail the use of computer equipment. The employee works alone, with others, around others, with verbal and face-to-face contact.
We are not currently open to the public. All of our employees have chosen to be vaccinated against COVID-19.