Tavistock Victorian Button Boots are based on original antique button boots in museum collections and our own archive of historic shoes and boots. They feature true historical functionality with a 9-button closure as well as beautiful styling and superior comfort. Wear Tavistock boots for late Victorian and Edwardian historical reenactments as well as Steampunk events, and not only look perfectly period, but experience the past as well.
This latest version of Tavistock varies quite a bit from our earlier release. We have reduced the height below the calf muscle and removed the elastic instep, allowing for a better fit for more customers and a more accurate design overall. The button holes are much larger and easier to use, especially when removing your boots. Lastly, the new Tavistocks feature a welted leather sole and textile lining, providing durability but also weight reduction, making for a beautiful, accurate new Tavistock Victorian Button Boot.
You will need button hook to easily close your boots.
Materials & Sizing
- Uppers are high grade, soft, hand-stitched 100% calfskin.
- Custom made French heels are 2 in / 5 cm high, and perfectly balanced for all-day comfort.
- 100% leather soles
- Lined with a leather collar and black twill lining.
- Shaft measures 6.5 in / 16.5 cm high
- "B" width (average).
- Buttons can be moved in or out for tighter fit through ankle and calf
- Runs true to size for most customers.
- Order a half-size larger for wide-width feet, or if you prefer your shoes to fit more loosely, or intend to wear with thicker stockings.
- A button hook is strongly recommended for ease of closure