The American Duchess Guide to 18th Century Beauty: 40 Projects for Period-Accurate Hairstyles, Makeup, and Accessories
You've made the costume, you've got the shoes...but now what to do about the lofty 18th-century hairstyle? And what sort of makeup does one wear, too? In the American Duchess Guide to 18th Century Beauty, follow the antique recipes and learn the original techniques to complete your Georgian look from the shoulders up. This beautiful step-by-step guide opens a whole new historical world of possibilities and creativity with hairstyles ranging from the 1750s through the end of the 18th century, along with caps and headwear to add that extra something to your ensemble. Achieve that "stepped out of a portrait" look!
The American Duchess Guide to 18th Century Beauty includes...
- 40 recipes and projects for beauty products, hairstyles, caps, and hats with how-to, step-by-step instructions and photos.
- Gridded patterns and diagrams for caps and hats from the 1750s to the 1790s
- Detailed instructions and photos for pomading, powdering, and styling your own hair.
- Step-by-step instructions for how to make handy hairpieces to complete almost any look.
- Essential research notes on period correct cosmetics and accessories.
- Illustrated guide to historic stitches used.
Please note we cannot split-ship items, all items in your order will ship together once the book is released. If you need an item now then please place a separate order.
Publisher: Page Street Publishing (July 9, 2019)
Product Dimensions: 8 x 0.6 x 9 inches
Shipping Weight: 1.6 pounds