Kensington 18th century shoes offer all the sensibility of hard-wearing camp shoes, but are also lovely to look at and comfortable to wear.
Featuring our custom made French heels, and hand-sewn pointed toes, Kensingtons exhibit all the trademarks of shoes historically accurate for the American Colonial period, particularly the Revolutionary War years.
Why sacrifice style for practicality when you can have both? Dress your Kensies up with glittery paste buckles, or dress them down with a simpler buckle design (see latchet sizing information below). Whichever class you represent, camp follower to aristocrat, your feet will be as well-dressed as the rest of you.
Kensington do not come with buckles, but you can find our 18th-century shoe buckles in the accessories section. Please read our Buckle fitting instructions or watch our shoe buckle fitting video for more information.
Materials & Sizing
- 100% jet black leather upper
- 100% smooth, hard leather soles
- Lined in leather
- Latchets are 1.3" / 3.3 CM wide and will fit all American Duchess buckles
- Custom made French heels are 1.75 inches / 4.45 cm high
- Left and Right lasted for maximum comfort
- B width